GTNI’s Nursing program provides an opportunity for the student to learn the art of caring based on a scientific body of knowledge that gives direction to nursing practice. Through our international curriculum, the student learns to value a holistic approach to the individual, while recognizing the person’s capacity to participate in decision making and to make informed choices. The student is also prepared to assume the role of a professional nurse through a sequence of planned theoretical and clinical experiences, including student self-evaluation and ongoing faculty feedback.
The purpose of Gouna Technical Nursing Program is to prepare the graduate to:
- Assume the role of an entry level professional nurse by fostering wellness and human flourishing through health promotion and restoration, leading to adaptation;
- Value the whole person respecting diversity and uniqueness advocating for rights and freedom of choice;
- Demonstrate a spirit of inquiry and excellence in the provision of safe, quality, comprehensive, compassionate, culturally sensitive patient and family-centered care guided by evidence-based nursing practice;
- Collaborate with the interprofessional team using appropriate communication techniques, nursing judgment, and beginning leadership skills in the development and implementation of safe, ethical and culturally sensitive therapeutic nursing interventions;
- Use information technology to enhance communication knowledge and to support patient care activities;
- Demonstrate commitment to the local, national and global community by active involvement in health promotion, health care delivery and social policy issues;
- Internalize core values of the nursing profession through development and continued growth in personal and professional identity, education and knowledge of the art and science of nursing practice.